Welcome to the Canon Mac Boys Lacrosse Association (CMBLA) website. The CMBLA is an all-volunteer, non-profit organization dedicated to providing boysin the Canon McMillan and surrounding areas instruction, enjoyment and competition in the sport of lacrosse.
Our goal is to better develop each player and provide an appropriate level of competition for each child. In furthering this mission, CMBLA will strive for each child to have fun while learning the skills necessary to play lacrosse and to develop physically and socially to reach their maximum potential.
In addition, we also attempt to better serve the youth lacrosse community and its players, coaches, fans and parents. We are dedicated to providing positive role models to help build character, leadership and teamwork in our children that will enhance their lives beyond the sport.
The CMBLA is a member of USA Lacrosse, the governing body for lacrosse in the United States. The CMBLA provides lacrosse programs for school age boys from kindergarten through eighth grade. Whether your child is at the beginner level or has been playing for years, the CMBLA has a program for them.
Our System of Beliefs
The CMBLA was formed to allow boys to have a place to learn with a structured environment where they can play and at an appropriate level. The objectives of the CMBLA shall include but not be limited to the following:
- To foster, support and promote the ideals of good sportsmanship and healthy competition in a safe environment, while encouraging positive citizenship and camaraderie among our lacrosse teams.
- To unite members in the CMBLA desiring to advance the growth of lacrosse in our communities.
- To raise the awareness of lacrosse in the Canon McMillan and surrounding communities.
- To field the most competitive teams possible in accordance with player participation, coach staffing, lacrosse instruction and training.
- To provide positive coaching to players, enabling greater enjoyment by the players and ultimately leading to better-skilled and better-motivated players.
- To promote good sportsmanship by creating a positive environment based on mutual respect rather than a win-at-all-costs attitude.